Welcome! My name is Randy Withers, and I’m a Licensed Therapist in North Carolina.
I am passionate about working with people who struggle with mental health and addictions. I’ve been doing it for years now.
I’m particularly passionate about working with and providing therapy for men. Men are struggling out there, yet they are less likely to admit they need help, let alone seek it out, than woman.
It is my honor to treat ANYONE who is willing to do the work, but I must admit I have a special place in my heart for:
- College kids, because man have they had a crappy few years
- First responders, veterans, and law enforcement, because they need the support and are reluctant to seek it out
- Men of all ages who need help with their relationships, because even the best ones are still hard to maintain
- Fellow therapists, because I really do get the struggle
- Hard working employees who struggle with work-related burnout
- Those who struggle with alcohol and drug problems, because I have been in recovery for almost 20 years and I know what it’s like
What do you struggle with? How about you schedule a free 15-minute phone call and we’ll talk about it. Let’s see if we’re a good fit!
I Help Men Get Unstuck.
I love working with underdogs. The misunderstood, the underappreciated, the lost. These are my favorite kinds of people. Does that sound like you?
My ideal client is motivated to change and willing to do the work – they’re just not sure how. If that’s you, we’ll be a good fit.
I’ve had my own struggles with mental illness and drug addiction, and I feel like those personal experience have made be a better counselor. I suppose you can be the judge of that.
What’s It Like To work With Me?
If you prefer a counselor who is direct and solution-focused, I’m your guy.
I’ll give it to you straight. Blunt but respectful. Counseling with me is usually:
- Heavy on psychoeducation and homework
- Challenging, but supportive
Fast Facts About My Practice
- Online Counseling from the comfort of your own home
- FREE 15-minute phone consultation available
- Specializing in Men’s Issues
- Fully licensed and insured
- Person-Centered and Solution-Focused
- Self-pay and most insurances accepted
- Ages 16 and up
- Confidential and Private
- Paperless intake process
- Now accepting new patients!
Clinical Services Offered
- Individual Mental Health and Addictions Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Therapy For Therapists
- On-site Critical Incident Response (West Central NC)
- Mental Health-Related Education and Training
My Areas of Focus and Specialization
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Addiction Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Men’s Issues
- Personal Development
- Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
- Depressive and Mood Disorders
- Compassion Fatigue
- Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Grief and Bereavement
- Adjustment Disorders and Trauma
- Work/Life Balance
- LGBTQ and Sexuality
- Law Enforcement / First Responders
- Veteran’s Issues
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Therapy For Therapists
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) License 11110
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS) License LCAS-21668
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) Certificate #341669
- Certified Specialist in Anger Management (CSAM) Certificate #340305
- Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH) Certificate 327464
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Lenoir-Rhyne University, 2014
- Master of Science, Education, Florida State University, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts, English; Minor, Psychology, Florida State University, 1997
I write about mental health a lot online. You can get to know me a bit better through my writing. My counseling style is a lot like my writing style. Below are some of my better articles:
- Here’s How Embracing 12-Step Principles Can Help Us Through Everyday Struggles | Thought Catalog
- The Four Horsemen of Relationships: How To Overcome Toxic Communication Habits, According to Experts
- Six Underrated Depictions of PTSD in Movies and TV | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- 12 Awkward Questions You Want to Ask Your Therapist But Don’t (According to Google)
- 7 Things You Need To Know If You Want To Help An Addict
- 20 Professional Therapists Share Their Thoughts on Suicide Prevention
Contact Me Today
Taking that first step towards seeking mental health care can be intimidating. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me using this form. I look forward to helping you on your path to well-being.
Thank you for considering Practical Counseling and Wellness Solutions, PLLC for your mental health counseling needs.
It’s Time To Get Unstuck
Let’s see if we’re a good fit.
Book a FREE 15-minute phone consultation.
There’s no pressure.
“You don’t have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. It’s okay to share your burdens.”Hugh Jackman